Friday, August 28, 2015

Great 1st Week of School in Room # 8017


Image result for math cool pics




Week of Aug. 31-Sept. 4, 2015

Honors Math:

Mighty Falcons,

I am pleased to say that I feel we had a great 1st week of school and I am sure you feel the same way too. I had been anxious to meet you over the summer and I am glad I finally did. You are wonderful kids and I can tell that you are very hard workers. I can't wait to see you progress throughout the school year. My goal was to know all your names by Friday and I proved to you guys that my goal was possible. You guys are the best and I hope you are ready to learn 6th Grade Math!

This week in math class we will begin to set up our interactive journals so I expect everyone to have them by Monday Aug. 31. We will also begin to work on identifying integers and their opposites, Comparing and ordering integers, and absolute value. Pay close attention so that you stay ahead of the game. Remember everyone is capable of working hard and earning an A!





This is really easy... and it's going to be really important in the subtractions lessons for signed numbers.
The opposite of a number is just the number on the opposite side of zero on the number line.
The opposite of a is -a.
The opposite of 
-a is a.
Check it out:
number line with -5 and 5 highlighted
The opposite of 5 is -5.
The opposite of -5 is 5.

number line with -3 and 3 highlighted
The opposite of -3 is 3.
The opposite of 3 is -3.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week of School!

Falcons, It was an honor being your math teacher, I know each of you have worked and grown mathematically! Continue to strive for success a...